Sunday, November 8, 2009

Nanowrimo

Since it's November I wanted to touch a bit on National Novel Writing Month or Nanowrimo. Every year people are challenged to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. It's a hard task to complete and takes a lot of motivation, planning, and hard work.

This is what Nanowrimo is about though. The work! It's about proving yourself or proving something to yourself. If you're a newbie or a repeat writer you still prove to yourself each year that you can pop out fifty thousand words in thirty days. It may not be the best novel. Writing in such a frenzy is the gateway to grammatical and plot errors. Several years ago I started misspelling my characters name around November 14 and had to page through it for hours in December and fix it.

Personally I just hit 10k words today and am excited to get out some more. So to everyone participating this year I wish you the best of luck. And may the odds ever be in your favor!

I've got to stop ending every motivational blog/sentence/text with that. Hunger Games is addicting.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I was going to give it a go this year, but my thesis kind of snuffed that out. Hopefully next year.

    ReplyDelete