Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Let the games begin....

I am so excited for a Hunger Games movie I can barely contain myself. I spent 45 minutes scouring the internet for a cast, spoilers, ANYTHING! Came up mostly empty but found a few people also interested. For the record, I am on Team Gale. Peeta just doesn't do it for me.

For anyone who likes the Hunger Games, I recommend watching or reading Battle Royale. It's got an eerily similar premise. Kids placed in an arena and told to fight until there is only one left. It's more towards population control than punishment for a rebellion. But it's still interesting and a good read for HG fans.

Not much happened today. I had a sandwich and a frappuchino for dinner and am playing Zoo Tycoon 2. I remember how much I hated the first because you had to feed the animals every three seconds. This one is not like that at all. I intend to play it more right after this.

Glee and Dollhouse start soon. 9, Nine, Jennifer's Body, and Youth in Revolt all come out soon. It's gonna be an exciting fall!

I decided to start sharing my Latin learning. I'll share a Latin word every post.

Today's Latin Word: Decerto: to contend or fight to the finish

2 comments:

  1. hmm I'll check out that book that is similar to the Hunger Games and I'm also excited for the movie!! & I'm Team Gale too!!

    You said in your comment that you're reading His Dark Materials! I LOVE THAT SERIES!! One of my all time favorites. And I think it actually might be a banned book... at least it is challenged a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Battle Royale last night coincidentally. I really enjoyed it. I had read the book a few years back and loved it. I'm looking forward to digging into the Hunger Games. All I've heard are great things about it. As soon as I can find a little time...

    Oh, and enjoy Glee tonight!

    ReplyDelete